Some tips for helping cope with anxiety:
- Avoid caffeine – it acts as a stimulant and revs up your nervous system increasing your anxiety.
- Try relaxation techniques. They may not all work for you, but there are many choices out there and you may just find one that really works. Try meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises to help lower your anxiety.
- Try visualization – like relaxation techniques, visualization can help lower your stress levels. Picture yourself confronting your fears, and handling stressful situations calmly.
- Ask for help when you need it. Talk to your doctor. There are many different treatments that may reduce your anxiety.
- Change your attitude. If you can change the way you think about things, they may not seem so bad.
Controlling your anxiety is possible. Try a variety of coping techniques. While one may not work for you, another just might do the trick!